Maureen Roberts' Blog
Packing your suitcase have got to be the most demanding part of your prep. With work, home chores, and other daily routines, the flight you booked a month ago may be upon you in a few minutes.
Say you have just thirty minutes to pack your suitcase or miss your flight for good. What do you do? For starters, bookmark this page and follow the steps listed below. You will be happy you did!
- First things first, get a suitable bag or suitcase. A big suitcase will make you pack more than you should while a small carry-on bag may be a bit too small. Take the time to choose a bag that suits your stay.
- Start with relevant items such as bras, socks, shorts, PJ’s, and tops. Be sure to pack one or two extra tops should the need arise. You could also pack one or two fewer shorts. You can always repeat shorts.
- Set aside two traveling outfits. Make sure they are clothes you are comfortable in because rides are typically unpredictable. Remember to pack your return outfit and leave the other gear for the soon-to-commence journey.
- There is always space for toiletries. Fix in your conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, body lotion, shampoo, body wash, and perfume.
- Of course, you need some accessories. Pack in a few accessories such as jewelry and your makeup kit. Remember to pack light. You don't want to go against the TSA rule.
- Your outfit is incomplete without shoes. Yes, shoes. Try packing at least one type from each category — to have something for every occasion. You don't want to wear flip-flops to a business meeting. And no one wants heels on a beach — pack for the event.
- Don’t forget to bring a few stuff to make the journey fun. Your suitcase should always have space for your fun bag. Be sure to come with anything that floats your boat. A journal, laptop, drawing pad, headphone, etc. Of course, your phone and chargers should also be in your fun bag. Just about anything to keep you engaged to and from the journey will work the trick.
- And you are good to go!
Who said packing has to be stressful? You can pack for a week-long vacation in thirty minutes or less with the right hacks. Try these hacks and leave your feedback on how minutes you spent packing. Bon Voyage!